Top Apps to Amplify Your Pet Retail Operations
It’s not news that running a business means juggling multiple responsibilities. What may be news to you, though, is that you don’t have to do it alone—thanks to a wide variety of online apps and tools at the ready to offer assistance. From crunching numbers to streamlining communication, and from organizing tasks and schedules to tracking inventory, your best business assistant is just a click away. Here are some useful ways online tools can improve efficiency and increase profits.
Say Goodbye to Spreadsheet Stress
You’re in the business of pet products and services—not spreadsheets. Take advantage of online accounting tools to simplify financial processes—allowing you more time to fuel your passion.
- Handle accounting tasks—like invoices and payments, sales and expenses with Wave, specifically created for small businesses with nine or fewer employees
- Manage payroll—and all employee-related financial needs with Gusto
- Track finances—with classic accounting tool QuickBooks
- Simplify payments—using the Square portable card reader and point-of-sale system
Stay on Top of Pet Industry Trends
Specialized apps, built specifically with the pet business in mind, help you understand your market, stay on top of trends and manage your industry-specific operations.
- Tap into pet-service tools—with Pawfinity, a multifunctional management system for the grooming industry
- Keep your business affairs in order—with WooferWiz’s help scheduling appointments, receiving payments and handing accounting needs
Break Down Communication Barriers
Engage staff in business-wide discussions and encourage teamwork with communication apps that aid in real-time conversations—an easy way to ensure everyone within your organization is on the same page—helping your business stay profitable.
- Send push messages—to any device and store communication all in one place with Pushover
- Encourage team collaboration—with Slack, an instant-messaging platform for the professional space
- Support teamwork—with a project management program like Basecamp
Become a Master at Time Management
Organization is the key to productivity. Keep your schedule, your files and your deadlines on track with time-management and scheduling apps that help organize your life and your workday so you can swap administration time for animal-lover time.
- Store spontaneous inspiration—in your virtual Pocket, an online storage facility for thoughts, ideas and new information
- Keep grooming and pet service appointments top of mind—with OmniFocus, your trusty online organizer, which syncs tasks and meetings between your smartphone, tablet and desktop
- Manage employee schedules—with When I Work, perfect for businesses that employ hourly workers
Never Miscount Your Kitty Litter or Misplace Your Pet Food
Please your customers—and keep your storeroom in check—with online tools that take stock of shipping, tracking and inventory.
- Track packages with QR labels—created and printed by Boxmeup
- Print, mail, track and fulfill—with the multifunctional ShipStation
- Keep track of stock and product trends—using Shopventory, which helps you audit sales and make informed purchasing decisions
- Track sales and receive payments—easily and at your fingertips with Vend, a point-of-sale system for the retail industry
Add these applications to your organizational toolbox and you’re bound to see improved results. A successful retail business? There’s an app for that.