The PGC Approved Education Program
The PGC Approved Education program allows for independent review of educational content to match the PGC Standards of Care and Knowledge. Whether you are a groomer looking for assurance that your education time and money is spent wisely or an educator who is seeking to highlight the quality of your content by receiving the PGC Approved Content badge, the PGC Approved Education program creates a new standard in professional groomer education.
Serving the whole pet industry internationally and all education providers, the PGC Approved Education program is open to all educators, institutions, and producers of educational content for professional groomers. The program is not an outlet to purchase these education opportunities- but rather a clearinghouse to ensure that approved content meets the Standards of Care and Knowledge for the PGC Examination.
For Educators and Groomers alike, the Professional Grooming Credentialing program is designed to assist the Professional Grooming Industry by offering peer-reviewed and PGC approved Education listings. The program will recognize CEU’s for all verified participants of PGC Approved Education sessions.
Groomers can rest assured that PGC Approved Educational Content has been evaluated and meets the PGC Content Standards. By seeking education with the PGC Approved badge, Groomers can create a continuing education plan with confidence. Earn recognized CEU’s for your professional career.
Educators may submit their content - seminars (live and virtual), videos, books, articles, workshops, etc.- for PGC Approval. The content is independently reviewed, measured, and scored for relevance to the PGC Standards of Care and Knowledge. Once approved, the content is available to be utilized for CEU’s and pre-exam opportunities. Educators will receive a PGC Educator media package which allows them access to digital badges which defines their content as the Gold Standard in Professional Grooming Education. 1 actual course hour = 1 CEU earned. Please be aware that some of the courses are offered in variable formats and Candidates will receive CEU’s equivalent to the specific session they attend. Candidates may contact the course educator for upcoming opportunities - all PGC Approved Education must be current and on the published list to qualify for professional trade CEU’s.
PGC Educator Badge
$99 - Badge current for 18 months after approval.
- Must be conducted in 8 hours or less.
- Can include the following formats: live seminar, online seminar, book, workshop, lecture, single video, hands-on education.
- Attendance form must be submitted to WPA following learning opportunity for CEU record-keeping.
PGC Library Badge
(Course or Video) - $1000 for library - Badge current for 3 years after approval
A collective of courses - either live or online - which contain education which aligns with the PGC Knowledge and Skills Assessed Exam.
- Course Library may include a collective of courses available as a subscription service, on demand, in person, online.
- Catalog of Course Library must be provided identifying courses relevant to the PGC Knowledge base may be marked as aligning with the PGC program.
- Courses in the Library may not ALL be relevant but the majority of the Library should align with skills needed for the PGC exam.
- Courses may or may not culminate in a Certificate Program.
A collective of grooming instruction videos - offered online - which contain education which aligns with the PGC Knowledge and Skills Assessed Exam.
- Video Library may include a collective of grooming instruction videos of variable lengths available as a subscription service, on demand, or online.
- Catalog of Video Library must be provided identifying videos relevant to the PGC Knowledge base may be marked as aligning with the PGC program.
- Videos in the Library may not all be relevant but the majority of the Library should align with the skills and knowledge needed for the PGC Exam.
The PGC Approved Content Submission Application process is 4 easy steps: