Why Become a PGC Groomer?
- Personal satisfaction. With the five-year PGC Credential, you know you have tested yourself against and passed rigorous standards for knowledge and skills in the practice of pet grooming.
- Continuing education. Maintaining your PGC Credential by participating in 25 hours of Continuing Education is motivation for lifelong learning and demonstrates that you keep current on the knowledge and techniques of the profession.
- Marketing edge. Independent Credentialing makes a big difference to clients and their pets. WPA is committed to promoting the PGC and groomers who receive the credential.
- Professionalize the field. Certification represents an individual step toward a future when only qualified professionals are allowed to call themselves Professional Pet Groomers.
Am I Eligible to Apply for the Exam?
I meet the minimum requirements in two of the three Pathways (Work Experience, Education, or Relevant Experience) listed below:
Spring Testing Period
- Applications Deadline: April 1, 2022
- Spring Testing Period: May 1-31, 2022
Fall Testing Period
- Applications Deadline: September 1, 2022
- Fall Testing Period: October 1-31, 2022
Did you know that WPA offers individual groomer memberships? Visit the WPA Membership Benefits page to learn more about the perks you can enjoy as a WPA Groomer member.