Why become a PGC Groomer
- Personal satisfaction. With the PGC Credential, you know you have tested yourself against and passed rigorous standards for knowledge and skills in the practice of pet grooming
- Continuing education. Maintaining your PGC Credential is motivation for lifelong learning and demonstrates that you keep current on the knowledge and techniques of the profession.
- Marketing edge. Independent Credentialing makes a big difference to clients and their pets. WPA is committed to promoting the PGC and groomers who receive the credential. From WPA Individual Groomer Memberships to PGC continued education opportunities- you can expect elite opportunities and education.
- Professionalize the field. Certification represents an individual step toward a future when only qualified professionals are allowed to call themselves Professional Pet Groomers.
Who is Eligible to Apply for the Exam?
Professional Grooming Credentialing measures a broad range of knowledge and skill competency required in the practice of Professional Pet Grooming.
You must choose two areas listed below to be eligible for the examination and meet the minimum requirements:
Summer 2021 Testing Period
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2021*
- Testing Period Begins: July 1, 2021
- Testing Period Ends: July 31, 2021
Fall 2021 Testing Period
- Application Deadline: September 1, 2021*
- Testing Period Begins: October 1, 2021
- Testing Period Ends: October 31, 2021
*Applications will not be accepted after this deadline.
Did you know that WPA offers individual groomer memberships? Visit the WPA Membership to learn more about the perks you can enjoy as a WPA Groomer member.